Great ideas abound. Let's hear yours. Could StudCo ...

Increase Transparency of Professor Ratings

At the end of every semester, students are asked to provide feedback about professors and courses via online surveys. Unfortunately,the results are very difficult to access. When ratings are found online, they are often incomplete, outdated, or absent. There should be an easy way for students to view this information.

208 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sam WSam W shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex AbermanAlex Aberman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lou's List has recently started linking to an aggregation of the reviews. That said they're largely useless except for salary determination. theCourseForum.com is very good for student generated ratings, however it's not as guaranteed to have the quantity of data as the surveys which are often required for the courses. But the ratings are a lot more informative

• David CDavid C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you so much for contacting us! I am new to the Academic Affairs Committee, but I will do my best to make sure that finding professor ratings will be more easy. After personally spending a large amount of time giving feedback on professors in my previous semesters, I have a strong motivation to see that my work is not for nothing. I am sure you feel the same way. We will do our best to make sure feedback is more useful and abundant.
        In the more immediate future, try diversifying the sources you use. From the Course Forum to Rate My Professors, there are many online ways to find information on teachers and classes. Lou's List is also a very valuable source of information on available classes next semester.
        This is not a true solution of course; just useful advice to use in the meantime. The Academic Affairs Committee of Student Council will actively work to improve the system. Thank you for your time

Feedback and Knowledge Base